Sunday 4 January 2009

The Joys of Post-Processing

NOT! Dust spotting can be quite therapeutic some may say but if you have to plow through 1000 selected images, you quickly begin to loathe it. Before Christmas I had done some portfolio shoots for zillions of models at a make-up college and I had only colour-balanced and selected the images so far. A task in itself. Argh! The CD with images will have to go in the post tomorrow. I shot with one studio strobe but couldn't light the background at the same time. My 1Ds is notorious for dust spots. Really bad and as my sensor has got a tiny scratch, I need to adjust every frigging image. It was bodypainting shots mainly, and some of the make-up girls are real artists.





NB: Today (14th) they showed me some enlargements they've laminated and will put on the wall. It's not exactly the ones I would've chosen because my favourite ones are big close-ups and not the full lengths ones they selected. But I'm happy, no dust spots visible on the enlargements. Big smiles all around.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of "dust spot" check this out -- http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=30596746 -- I meant to use my AP Link
    but the site was down/had crashed :( :o ? ... Fen at work, again ;)

    Great site Bettina :)

    Cheers,

    Jack

    ReplyDelete